I have worked with Meydenbauer Construction, particularly Jeremy Weinstein and John Hansen, for three years now. In that time, I have done nearly $4 million of work with them on two (2) Bellevue buildings. I elected to work with them because they are good value for money, experienced, capable, and energetic. Most importantly along with their onsite supervision, Mike Cogar, they are on time, within budget and safe.
I spend extended periods overseas during the projects and have always found Jeremy, Mike, and John to be responsible stewards of my projects. They personally open site every day and close site every night. In addition they mount surveillance cameras so the site could be viewed anytime over the internet.
“We wanted to write and thank you once again for our beautiful new home. Your time, care, skill, professionalism and patience throughout the process were very much appreciated. We are so happy with the beautiful fresh new look and feel throughout the house. Your attention to detail, big and small was apparent through each stage of the job. Your knowledge of all details related to home building added a sense of comfort, knowing everything would be completed on time and with precision.”
I recently sold my home using John Hansen and I wanted to add my thoughts here as well. This was our third house we have sold and it was by far the most pain free sale of the bunch.
Our sale was complicated by the fact that the new home we are buying is still under construction and won’t be ready for another 6 months. We told John that we would like to rent our current house from the new buyer until our new house is finished. I wasn’t sure that we would be able to get such an offer but I thought I would put it out there anyway. After a few weeks we received a bunch of offers. John corralled the offers and sent back to their respective agents. He told them about the multiple offers on the house and that they should go back to their clients and put together their best offers which we would review on the upcoming Friday. On Friday we were pleasantly surprised to review offers that exceeded our asking price, waived various inspections and one which had the rent back we really wanted!
John helped us get the offer we really wanted at the price we needed. Our house was on the market for 3 weeks during which John provided feedback on when he thought we would get an offer (given the level of interest/showings) which was spot on and really helped alleviate any FUD we were feeling as time passed.
John also helped us set our price. I was initially worried that the price we had picked was way too high as my neighbor’s house, which was probably about 30% larger than ours, sold just a few weeks before for about 30k less than we were asking. John assured me that the price was well within the market and that my neighbor had simply under-priced. John was right. When all was said and done our house sold for 32k more than our neighbor’s house (it was a seller’s market just as John told us).
Selling our house this time was a surprisingly pain free experience. Really agree with the 9 points in the earlier post below.
I wanted to take a moment and agree completely with the below recommendation. We were an international relocation and John helped manage the process from end to end, including emailing us pictures of the property on a weekly basis as our house finished its final build stages. If you can use John to help you purchase a house, you will be in great hands!
I completely agree with these folks. I just did my closing and the whole process would have been painful unless we had a real professional like John. We had a few hick-ups with the builder but John really took care of everything even the very minute things. I would highly recommend John Hansen as your agent and I’m sure you will never be disappointed.
The best part of working with John:
- We never missed a return call or e-mail. Maximum delay was 2 or 2.5 hours.
- In our very first meeting he spent more than two hours educating us the pro and cons of a new home vs. resale homes. What’s the best value for money, what to look for from the resale point of view, etc.
- Keeps on sending you information about the new and resale homes coming to market.
- Flexible working hours/days that best fits you.
- A real professional in paper work, he will facilitate the entire communication with the listing agent and the builder. Keeps all the paperwork up to date and updates lender with the necessary information.
- Hi will provide you a calendar of important deadlines and dates and keeps reminding you of those dates. We never missed any deadline.
- He gives you a bunch of contacts/options for finding a lender, home inspector, etc.
- He has a lot of patience and doesn’t mind explaining the stuff again and again and again.
- Really honest and easy to work with. Always there, 2 minutes ahead of meeting time.
I just can’t find a negative point about him in the whole 6 months process.